Our client is a global agricultural chemical and seed company that provides farmers around the world with a comprehensive, balanced, and diverse portfolio of products to protect crops from weeds, diseases, insects, and pests, including fungicides, herbicides, insecticides, and seed treatments.
With over 21,000 workers in approximately 80 countries across the world, they were searching for a solution to help with process standardization and optimization, collaboration, data collection and analytics, and training.
The company had embarked on a digital transformation initiative to digitize their production processes, and had utilized a previous-generation connected worker solution. However, they struggled to integrate the technology into their business and failed to realize tangible returns on their investment.
“We were looking for a more modern, more innovative connected worker solution to replace our previous-generation technology that was failing to meet our needs. We needed a solution that could truly help with process improvement and standardization, as well as provide us with data-driven, actionable insights in order to increase productivity across our global facilities.“
Team Lead – Innovation & Digitization
After an extensive multi-vendor evaluation, the company selected Augmentir as its next-generation connected worker solution.
Using Augmentir’s AI-driven platform and solutions, this company digitized and optimized work procedures resulting in both time and monetary savings at each location. Augmentir supported global efforts across quality and audit inspections, operational excellence – as well as site-level efforts surrounding unit performance, equipment inspection, and actionable analytics and reporting. Using Augmentir streamlined and optimized processes and efforts, giving workers better tools to complete tasks efficiently, and boost productivity.
The Augmentir application inherently aids in productivity by extending the ability to present and record procedural task data digitally. Tasks are executed interactively and collaboratively using a mobile device and resulting data is automatically recorded in a database. Stored data can then be summarized for reporting, analytics, and auditing purposes.
Through insights made possible by Augmentir’s AI-driven operational insights, the company was able to adapt and enhance operations, standardize inspection training, and enforce proper reporting and documentation including media capture to improve reporting and compliance.
Primary Use Cases and Impact Areas
- Digitized paper-based work procedures and SOPs
- Digital process execution and tracking
- Improved team communication
- Digital scheduling and order management
- Digital field management
- Digitization of Lockout / Tagout procedure training and audits
- Near Miss reporting
- Safety Observation and 5S Audits
- Site Inspection programs
- Emission monitoring & observations
Quality & Logistics
- Digitization of quality inspections and checks
- Scale and instrument verification and calibration
- Outbound shipping inspection
- Integration with Hexagon ETQ Quality Management System
Moving forward, the company plans to continue its rollout of the Augmentir solution for the following applications:
- Leverage Augmentir for employee training and onboarding
- Shift Changeovers
- Further integration with enterprise systems including Quality Management and SAP PM for maintenance data transactions
- Work permitting for EHS (Employee Health & Safety) compliance
Today, this company has digitized over 1000 procedures using Augmentir and has deployed the solution across 62 production sites globally.
- Process improvement and standardization
- Compliance to audit requirements & procedural adherence
- Reduction in training time
- Competency management
- Reduction in administration time
- Gate-to-gate assessment insight
“As we were exploring our options and found Augmentir, we were thrilled to find such a robust, complete, and forward-looking product that was also easy to use. Opting for Augmentir was a no-brainer.”
Team Lead – Innovation & Digitization