In support of their global digital transformation efforts, Colgate-Palmolive’s Global Supply Chain group had been exploring tools to digitize equipment changeover and maintenance operations plus integrate into Colgate’s SAP ERP and MES Wonderware Systems and have selected Augmentir’s Connected Worker Platform.
Augmentir’s “AI-based” Connected Worker Platform offers connected worker technology with augmented work instructions. Equipped with digital devices that could include tablets, mobile phones, or even AR-enabled industrial smart glasses, frontline workers are able to receive fully augmented, guided instructions on any device to improve productivity, quality and allow workers to perform their jobs more independently. These help guide workers with visual aids, AR/MR experiences, and contextual information.
Significant Results in 6 Short Months
Since the selection of Augmentir in November 2020, Colgate has already seen tremendous progress towards its goals, and deployment has helped enable people at each of our global plants to build, maintain, and share their own localized content, plus boost adoption and productivity.
According to Colgate-Palmolive: “Augmentir platform’s ease of use and broad applicability to different scenarios helped to enable people at each of our global plants to build, maintain, and share their own localized content, and has boosted adoption”. Their results include:
- 1060+ Digital WorkFlows created across 10 Plants (maintenance procedure, workflow, changeover, shift change
- More than 16,500 Workflow executions and 500+ Procedures optimized
- 10-30 minutes saved per shift
- As much as 120 minutes reduced between Maintenance Notification and Maintenance Order Closure (Maintenance Execution Time)
- Advanced statistics available for integration with other CP datasets for future integrations and improvements
- Actual Maintenance Work Order times automatically captured and recorded in SAP PM, increasing the accuracy of maintenance planning and scheduling for sites utilizing SAP integration
Read the full article below.