Augmentir Offers Free Use of its Remote Assistance Tool for Frontline Workers to Help Companies Address the travel and social distancing issues related to COVID-19
As COVID-19 continues to spread across North America, the CDC has suggested that businesses implement remote work policies and travel restrictions to help slow the spread of the virus. The situation has become more troublesome over the past few weeks, and many companies are looking for ways to help limit business disruptions while keeping the health of employees a top priority.
At Augmentir, the health and safety of our employees, as well as the employees of our customers and partners is our top priority. Therefore, in a response to COVID-19, Augmentir will be offering free use it’s Remote Assist Tool for the remainder of 2020 in an effort to help the many businesses affected by the sudden increase in work-from-home policies and travel restrictions resulting from the global outbreak of the virus.
During this challenging time, video-conferencing, chat, and remote support and collaboration will be more important than ever in maintaining the wellbeing of employees while also enabling people to continue to work and businesses to operate. Augmentir’s Remote Assist tool helps to minimize the negative impact that COVID-19 is having on businesses by providing a remote collaboration and support solution that can be adopted in less than 60 minutes, so that workers, technicians, and customers can get the support they need to do their jobs without compromising health, safety, or productivity.
Augmentir’s Remote Assist Tool – remotely connect your workforce and support customers without travel
Augmentir’s Remote Assist Tool, a component of the company’s Connected Worker platform, is an augmented reality (AR) solution designed to guide frontline workers with augmented, step-by-step-instructions, whenever and wherever they need support.
The solution is available on both mobile devices and AR-enabled smart glasses, and allows users to remotely collaborate through a live video stream and directly communicate through audio. Both the user and the remote expert will be able to add annotations to the video stream so they can quickly diagnose the issue and determine a solution to move forward.
- Connect your workforce with your internal subject matter experts: For equipment makers that have support teams in the field, Augmentir’s Remote Assist Tool allows them to remotely connect and collaborate with your subject matter experts to help troubleshoot and diagnose field service problems. For manufacturers, help keep your employees safe and avoid travel by allowing technicians on the shop floor to remotely connect with subject matter experts.
- Connect your customers to your tech support teams: Keep your internal tech support teams safe by remotely connecting with customers to help quickly diagnose and troubleshoot issues.
Deliver a remote support solution in days
As company work procedures and daily routines are changing quickly due to COVID-19, we are happy to provide a solution that can be implemented quickly and easily. Companies that sign up will have free use of the tool for the remainder of 2020, and have access to the following features:
- Stream live video and audio to remote experts to improve issue resolution and remote knowledge sharing
- Guide your field technicians and customers with live annotations for enhanced collaboration
- Support remote users on their existing devices as well as AR-enabled smart glasses
Global efforts continue to focus on lessening the spread and impact of the COVID-19 virus. The federal government is working closely with state, local, tribal, and territorial partners, as well as public health partners, to respond to this public health threat. As companies must rethink their processes and approach during this time, we hope that offering our Remote Assist Tool for free will give businesses and workers the technology and support they need.